Saturday, June 30, 2012

The last place you look

Today I did some searching, not soul searching, but certainly up there on importance. My husband couldn’t find a very important part for a job coming up. We searched the house, assuming the kids took it, which would have been deserving for having left it in their reach to begin with, something I still do.

Though I wasn’t the one to lose the part, I’m still half owner in the company, so it is going to cost me time and money not to find it. I searched every room in the house. I even played pick-up sticks with the toys in the toy box, removing each one very slowly and quietly as the baby was sleeping 4 feet away. He didn’t even stir. I was always good at that game, and card houses.

It was trash day. I couldn’t risk the part getting thrown out, so I pulled the two weeks worth of trash bags off the curb and gloved up. Didn’t find the part, though I did find my eyeliner, some money, my kid’s race car, and some scrapbooking supplies I couldn’t find yesterday.

It was NO WHERE in the house or garage. The only place left to look was outside...on the deck...in the kids’ drawing easel. If only I could’ve check the last place first, I wouldn’t be debating on whether to keep my eyeliner or not...

1 comment:

  1. pretty funny jessie :-))
    I hate it when you pop a grape in your mouth and it is moldy..... guess washing them isnt good enough...was eating grapes while reading your story

    ReplyDelete