Friday, June 22, 2012

Do you have the time, sir?

When I lived, well, anywhere else besides Alaska, guns had a negative/violent significance. Here, they are very common place. In fact, we own 4, something I never foresaw. It’s all about prospective really. What are you protecting yourself against? Gangsters....or bears. I do not hike without a gun, I want to make it to the end of my hike and back.

My neighbor shared with us some of the wild rhubarb from his yard. To return the favor, I made him a rhubarb crisp, that he apparently ate in two sittings, within 3 hours. He came over to return the pan, and I saw that he had his favorite handgun on his hip, in a holster. I chuckled about it, because it didn’t scare me, and I didn’t even look twice at it. It’s a useful accessory, like a watch, you don’t even notice them anymore. He happens to like his “accessories”. He’s definitely a neighbor I’ll be glad to keep happy.

I think we live on the safest block in town.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is always asking me why I carry my guns everywhere too. Simply because, my arms cannot detach from my body.

    ReplyDelete